We are very happy to announce
all the participation
of the productions
of the Institute for Experimental Arts.
in International Video and Film Poetry Festivals
If you want to be called Human- Tasos Leivaditis (GR)- Marc Neys (Belgium)
The video poem
If you want to be called Human by Marc Neyes
has participated in the following festivals
Marc Neys aka Swoon lives in Belgium. He has produced over 240 videpoems and collaborated with various writers in different languages. His videopoems and Shorts were shown at international Festivals and galleries.
Leivaditis’ poetry remained largely unknown outside his native land until the 1983 publication in English of his collection The Blind Man with the Lamp simultaneously to its publication in Greece. Critics found that despite his presumed beliefs.
If I go out walking with my dead friends – Rita Mboumi Pappa (GR)- Aleksandra Corovic (Germany)- Alkistis Kafetzi (Greece)
The video poem
If I go out walking with my dead friends
Bologna in Lettere 10th Videopoetry, May 2022 Bologna, Italy
Alkistis Kafetzi is a Berlin based filmmaker.
She studied Theatre and Film at the National & Kapodistrian University of Athens
and since 2014 she lives and works in Germany. She has been a steady collaborator
of the Institute for Experimental Arts and the theatre director Tasos Sagris since 2011,
working as a video artist for their theatrical productions.
She is mostly interested in documentaries and experimental films with a poetic approach.
The City- Constantine P. Cavafy (GR) – Mat Mullins (USA)
The video poem THE CITY by Matt Mullins
participated in the
Matt Mullins is a writer, experimental filmmaker
and mixed media artist. He has published fiction and
poetry in numerous literary magazines.
What I fear most is becoming a ‘poet’ – Katerina Gogou (GR)- Janet Lees (UK)
The video poem What I fear most is becoming a ‘poet’ by Janet Lees
has been screen in the following festivals
The life we live is not Life itself- Tasos Sagris & Whodoes (GR)- Ian Gibbins (Australia)
The video poem
The life we live is not Life itself by Ian Gibbins
has been screen
in the following festivals
• official selection, and Delluc Avant-Garde Winner, Fotogenia Film Festival 2021, vol. 3 (Mexico City, November, 2021);
• finalist, International Video Poetry Award, screened at Bologna in Lettere 10th – BABEL: stati di alterazione, Bologna In Lettere 2022 (Italy, March / May – June 2022);
• official selection, Bloomsday Film Festival 2022 (Dublin, Ireland, June, 2022);
• screened with live performance by Tasos Sagris and Whodoes, International Poetry Film Festival of Thuringia 2022 – Focus on Greece (Thuringia, Germany, May, 2022);
• curated selection and screening, Video Art Projects – Municipal Art Gallery – Thessaloniki (Thessaloniki, Greece, May, 2022);
• official selection, Venice Experimental Video And Performing Art Festival 2022 | ITSLIQUID (Venice, Italy, April, 2022);
• official selection, VIII Muestra Internacional de Videonarración A/R/TOGRÁFICA (Granada, Spain, May, 2022);
• official selection, 6th Zsigmond Vilmos International Film Festival, (Szeged, Hungary, 24-28 May, 2022);
• official selection, Carmarthen Bay Film Festival (Wales, May, 2022);
• official selection, Currents New Media Festival 2022: Circuits (Santa Fe, USA, June 2022);
• official selection, Global Indie Film Fest (USA, June-July, 2022);
• official selection, and Winner, Best Experimental Film, REELS International Film Festival 2021 (Aurangabad, India, February, 2022);
• honorable mention, Experimental Films, London Movie Awards (UK, March, 2022);
• official selection, Filmysea International Film Festival (India, March, 2022);
• official selection, FLICKFAIR on demand film festival (Los Angeles, February, 2022);
• official selection, ZEBRA Poetry Film Festival (Berlin, 25-28 November, 2021);
• official selection and winner, Best Director (Video Poetry), Vesuvius International Film Festival XVI (Italy, November, 2021);
• official selection, Ashoka International Film Festival 2021 (Nawada, India, January, 2022);
• official selection and finalist – Special Mention (Experimental Film), Ideal International Film Festival (Maharashtra, India, December, 2021);
• official selection, Puntomov Video Orbits International Video Festival, 2nd edition (Universidad Autónoma del Estado de México, Toluca, Mexico, 2021);
• official selection, 18th Annual Another Hole in the Head Film Festival (San Francisco, December, 2021);
• official selection, Fonland International Festival of Video Art and Performance (Coimbra, Portugal, November, 2021);
• invited screening, The Wrong Biennale No 5 – Encounters with Incomprehension (November 2021 – March, 2022);
• official selection, 6th Trujillo International Independent Film Festival (Peru, 23-26 September, 2021);
• official selection, 2021 International Screening of Experimental Films and Videopoems TRANÅS AT THE FRINGE (Tranås, Sweden, 16-24 October, 2021);
• official selection, Spanish version, Nahui Ollin Film Festival 2021 (Durango, Mexico, August – September, 2021);
• official selection, 9th International Video Poetry Festival (Athens, June, 2021);
• honorable mention, Video Art and Experimental Film Festival (New York, 2021).