The Institute for Experimental Arts presents a three-day Theatre Workshop of Isolation and Research with the actor and poet SISSY DOUTSIOU in a farmhouse – 40km from Athens | 3 Overnight stays at the seminar place.
“The actor should see the body as Anti-mirror, as a permanent spectrum radiating every emotional power» Antonin Artaud
A three-day isolation seminar in a farm near Athens. The purpose of the research is to “minimize the physical and mental obstacles” that the human body stands in the process of the required self-disclosure of the actor. Continuing Antonin Artaud’s research, making the actor a transparent point of an organic drive so that the body “vanishes”, “burns”, and the viewer “seeing only a series of visible impulses”.
The main research objectives of the seminar are:
– Activating a process of uncovering the reactions required for a theatrical performance and neutralizing the resistances and obstacles the organization faces.
– The actor must be ruthless, courageous and at the same time a creative super machine that will not imitate reality, but will produce theatrical realities, sacred universes, experiences and exceptional experiences.
– By creating
– The silence, concentration and power of the community produce transformational experiences for the participants during the seminar – transformations that are partly manifested in perceived bodily expression as a process of spiritual transformation and cultivation of the individual.
At this seminar, the participants practice and exhibit unusual physical and spiritual abilities as artists in order to cause surprise and admiration and tame fear and narcissism by finding the middle way of pride and gratitude. A physical change of duration that takes place through the path of a moral decision concerning the limits and barriers of theatricality and theatrical act.
Participants are challenged to act through specific and guided exercises inspired by Arto and the traditional Balinese Theater. By studying the relationship between the signifier and the signifier, the relationship between body and point, the relationship between subject and object, observer and observed participants create an event, a experience, an experience.
Speech, movement, physical expression,
TEACHES the actress and poet SISSY DOUTSIOU
The seminar is addressed to: people who want to cultivate their expressive means and come into contact with the art of theater, actors, dancers, students of performing arts, and anyone who loves performing arts .
In the order in which the participants will be trained:
- Theater – Body – Inclusion – Presence
- Sound and Body
- Performing Areas and Atmospheres
- Acoustic spaces – Voices – Chronology – Rhythm
- Meaning – Expression and Effect
- Presence and Representation
- Embossed Plasticity
- Performance as a political act
- Performance as a cultural exchange
- (perofroming the diversity of another)
The Theatre Workshop will provide:
- Beds, Blankets, quilts, pillows
- Wood for
in the fireplace fire
- Hot water
- Black tea, mountain tea, coffee, sugar
- Breakfast, lunch, dinner for the three days of the seminar
You have to bring with you:
- Two sheets, a pillowcase, a small towel
- Black clothes or gray clothes are comfortable for all exercises
- Shoes for soil
- Warm comfortable clothes
- A book you want to read
- Notebook pencil eraser
- A cloth or any other material to put it in the soil down and sit
- Hats for the sun
- If you want you can bring your own glass
Available seats 7
A strict set of priority will be maintained.
Duration: 3 days
The seminar starts on 17 May at 17:00
The seminar ends on Sunday 19 May at 21:00
Cost: 200 euro // includes 3-day accomodtaion and meals (breakfast, lunch, dinner)
Contact Telephone: 00306955910500 / 00302106465693
Email Address: email@example.com
The cost of the seminar will be prepaid in the bank account: Institute of Experimental Arts
Before completing the prepayment process, you must contact us either by email or by phone to get the bank account and to confirm the vacancy (as well as instructions and other details)
The actress and poet SISSY DOUTSIOU teaches and guides at the Theatre Workshop.
Sissy Doutsiou was born in Athens. She studied astrophysics at the University of Sussex in Brighton and theatre at the Drama School of Delos. She is an actress and poet. She is a founding member of the Institute of Experimental Arts and participates in Void Network. Sissy Doutsiou participated in poetry readings at the 1st Athens Biennial «Destroy Athens» (2007) She tours often for lectures, performances, video art exhibitions and poetry readings in Europe, USA, Mexico, India and Nepal.
Theatre Plays starring: 4.48 Psychosis (Sarah Kane), Dying as Country (D.Dimitriadis), The Maids (J.Genet), Night-Yard Gal (R.Prichard) Performances: Resistibility, Anatoli (Calcutta – India), Ectasis#1.
Books : Poetry “Insult of Public Modesty” (2012), “Oh ! Occult” (2015), “She-the Voyar (2018)”, “Glory Days” (2018). She participated in the book “We are an Image from the Future (The Greek Revolt of December 2008) AK Press USA -2010 with her essay “The Limitations of AntiSexism“. Other essays: “Destroy Established Reality“